My Odd Writing Process, What's Yours?
So as I write the first draft of my novel this month I just realized how odd I act as I am holed up in my room listening to music and writing. I mean how can you not go crazy sitting for hours on your computer writing your brain out and having it be at least mildly good. I know I can only tolerate human isolation for so long.
So here is my writing routine I do almost everyday:
|This is me after I write for the day|
- I sit on my bed for comfort with my laptop, water, and a notepad.
- I turn up random radios on Spotify.
- I check Twitter first.
- Then Facebook.
- Then YouTube.
- Then my email.
- I check Twitter again.
- I start to drink water. Then I realize how good the ice is so I start chewing on the ice for a while.
- I open up my word processor and create the chapter title
- I check twitter again. (because people have been tweeting as I drank water and wrote my title)
- I actually start to write some paragraphs to the chapter.
- I start to lay down and stretch my legs by pulling my right leg to my face. (I'm a dancer)
- I realize how pretty my foot is when it's pointed.
- I start to stretch and dance on my bed imagining me as Maddie on Dance Moms.
- I tell myself to start writing again.
- As I get a little tires after 20 minutes writing I check all my social media again.
- Since there's a mirror in front of my bed I start to lip sync the songs in front of myself imitating singers
- I start to play with my hair for the rest of the time.
- I wish I could cut my long hair.
- I write a little bit more for the chapter.
- I start to dance randomly in front of my huge mirror not aware that all my windows are open
- I drink more water.
- I wish I had ice with it
- I write a little bit more than before
- I actually start to keep writing non- stop
- Realizing I lost my momentum I go over to my social media for comfort
- Repeat steps 1-27
So yeah, that is what I do when I am in my room alone and writing. If you didn't notice when I ACTUALLY write it's only about 1/4 of this whole process. Tip: Don't write in a place where you can easily access WiFi. You'll end up like me.
So What's your writing process? What do you do when you write? I want to know! Comment below, or you could just tell me how ashamed I should be from my writing process...
We're teens who write, you can't just judge us- Click to Tweet